Saturday, December 20, 2008


Birthday Party, April 1, 1949

My seventh birthday party. Mom and Dad had decorated the basement with balloons and made a large, and suitably low, table for the kids. Mom wrote that I had invited 15 kids to the party. Unfortunately, not all 15 show up in this photo.

Those that do...starting with me at the far left making the silly face, two unknown behind me, Don Short, Bruce Lindeman, Diane Dick, (my cousin), Bobbie Mitchell, Anne Mitchell, Doug Hawkinson, Merillee Helms, Steve Kaster, and Sandy McClintock. I'm just guessing that those not pictured would be Russ Ferrin and Scott St. John.

Mother wrote, (in my Baby Book which she updated through Christmas, 1949) that I received "many guns and holsters" and a cowboy outfit. Who could ask for more?

No comments: